In my last post, I declared myself a born again blogger but failed to properly introduce myself. I am Carly, and this is a collection of stories and thoughts from my perspective as a middle aged lady (with the maturity level of a teenage boy). I've listed a few fun facts to get to know me a bit and to give you a glimpse inside this blog.
- I am married to my college sweetheart - 23 years and counting. Those years have been mostly happy but we've been working side by side every damned day during the continued Covid lockdowns. The patience gets a little thin when our desks are 3 feet apart.
- I am the mother of 3 wild, crazy, and fun teenagers. They make me proud, they make me cringe, and they make eating an Olympic sport.
- I currently bring all the crazy that comes with being a middle age woman. We like to play a game in our house, "Is it Covid or is it Menopause?". I have it all...the mood swings, the headaches, the hot flashes, and weight gain. Oh what fun! My poor husband has to deal with ramped up hormones with his wife and his 3 teenage children. It is no wonder he hides from all of us.
- I am passionate about working toward a cure for ALS and related Motor Neuron Diseases (MNDs). My husband has been diagnosed with Primary Lateral Sclerosis (a benign kin to ALS) and it is stealing his mobility.
- We adopted a rescue dog. An adorable Lab mix who is an absolute asshole. I love him despite how he seems to have a knack for destroying my things.
- I am a new CrossFitter. I now use terms such as "WOD", "AMRAP", and "SNATCH" in my every day vocabulary.
- I am a former Runner. I never was fast but I could go the distance. I have 7 full marathons under my belt and I am signed up for #8 in November despite not being in the greatest shape.
- I am a sports mom and occasionally live up to the stereotype. Hockey, lacrosse, and soccer control my schedule and life. If you can't find me, I am usually on a field, at an ice arena, or fulfilling a variety of forced volunteer duties.
- When I am not being an unpaid Uber for my children, I work as an IT Business Analyst.
Welcome to my little corner of the Internet! If you have stumbled upon this blog, please say Hi in the comments!